Monday, July 27, 2009

Art






Cincinnati is not much of a destination city, it's not somewhere many people would choose to go on vacation. We don't have a beach and our weather is so unpredictable. Though it is not a place most people want to visit, it is a place I know I will never fully leave. Living here most of my life I have truly grown to love this area with all of its natural beauties tucked away in its rolling hills.


I remember being a teenager thinking I could not wait to move as far away from here as I could. I thought life would be so much greater if I could get away, "I'm heading west, that is where I belong", I thought to myself. I couldn't bare to be normal, I wanted something greater and I was afraid I wouldn't find it here.

I soon discovered the place I was searching for wasn't going to be found by running away, it was a place I had always known. It was buried deep in my heart, waiting until I was ready to understand. It was awakened to the sound of music and the desire to create. To explore and to realize. To love and to know. It is a world where I am aware and I enjoy the beauty of my life no matter where I am. I am an artist.
In this world I am never bored, in this world I am free to be me. Its a deep appreciation for all that surrounds me. Its the most beautiful song ever written and I will listen to it over and over again. Time stands still in this world and all that I love are my most valued treasures. I am thankful for this place I have found, I will honor it always.

0 comments: