Saturday, August 22, 2009

This is my art therapy...









I got up today full of energy and inspiration. I don't know what I dreamed about last night, but it had me in an extra nostalgic mood. I ran a couple of errands then went off to what I call my art therapy session. I love to go out exploring in my car with nothing but my camera and my 50mm lens. No phone, no radio, no computer, I just drive around in complete silence and let my mind unload. I become a tourist in my own backyard, admiring the beauty of Cincinnati with the enthusiasm of a child.


I usually go to KY and travel all of the neighborhoods along the Ohio river. I feel safe there, I can find my way home if I get lost. Today I threw a wrench in my usual plan and changed my route to River Road in Ohio. I needed a change of scenery and I am always scouting out new locations for portrait shoots. I drove down Route 50 until I hit the state line of Ohio and Indiana.

It was a gorgeous drive and I met some new friends along the way. Today was a good day.




0 comments: