Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Newborn pictures





I always go straight to the bargain bin at the bookstore. I was pleasantly surprised to find a beautiful Anne Geddes book for under $10.  It is an autobiography called "A Labor of Love" that is loaded with tons of images from her infamous baby shoots.  She also writes about the incredible creative  journey that has driven her to success in the photography business.  She talks about the struggles and doubts she has had with her self and her work.  She talks about her long journey to success and how she might have given up if  not for her very supportive husband.  Her story was beautiful and real. It is inspiring to know someone who has achieved such success once had the same fears and doubts as myself.  I think as an artist this is what keeps you pushing your self farther. It is the passion that drives you.  Thanks for the inspiration Mrs. Geddes!


As you know from my previous blogs my sister just had a baby.  I wanted to do something fun and different for his newborn pictures.  I went to the pottery store and bought all of these different pots to use as props.  Very Anne Geddes of me.  If only they had a pea pod costume!  When we set up I realized Kegan isn't as small as I thought.  He did not like being squeezed into the beautiful bright orange pot I bought for him.  I also bought a hanging basket to use but I don't think my brother-in-law was too happy about me wanting to hang his baby in a basket from a tree.  So we used this barrel type thing instead.  He was finally comfy and the pictures turned out beautiful.   They aren't very  Anne Geddes but they are very Nikita Gross!  
I threw a few of Eli in too, he looked too cute in the barrel not to share with you all!

0 comments: