Saturday, April 11, 2009

Memories...





It always amazes me how much an image can provoke so much emotion in me.   I know I am a sappy, sentimental person, I have been this way for as long as I can remember.  I try to keep this part of me contained, but sometimes I just don't have a choice.   Looking through Grandma's old Polaroids caught my emotions completely off guard the other day.  Seeing images of my Dad as a teen and my Grandma in her stylish little outfits (of which I would borrow today if she still had them) overwhelmed me. The next thing I know the tears started flowing.  It wasn't sadness that took over, it was amazement and love.  It was seeing their life before I was born, seeing them so young and happy,  seeing  myself in Grandma's long skinny arms and in Dad's tiny smiley eyes.  This is why I love what I do.   I hope someone, someday is overwhelmed with the same joy I felt by the images I have taken of their family!    

    These are some images inspired by Gram's Polaroids.  
RIP Polaroid film.
   

2 comments:

Katie said...

WOW!!!!!! The pic with the truck is amazing I would love to have that in my house somewhere!

Nikita said...

Thanks so much!